Friday, October 16, 2009

News Sources

I would say that my main source of news is my parents. Whether I want to hear it or not, they let me know what is going on. My father is really into politics. He spends most of his time listening to AM radio shows and watching channels such as Fox News. And every time something comes on that sets him off or interests him or that he thinks is amusing, which is very often, he always shares it with me. Usually I agree with him and find it interesting though. But my mother is the complete opposite. She is very into pop culture and celebrity life. She is always reading People and US Magazine and then keeping me updated on it for some reason. I would have to say I am a less interested in the pop culture my mother shares with me than the political news my dad shares with me but I listen anyways because I guess it could never hurt to know.

Those aren’t my only sources of news though. I still watch the news on television every now and then, especially if I’m up early in the morning and there is nothing better on. But I will also watch the news in the evening every once in a while if I happen to come across it but I’m probably not going to go out of my way to watch it. I don’t really read a newspaper, except for the small county paper in my town. And usually the only reason I look at that is to check out how the sports teams at my high school are doing or to see if anyone I know is in there, which in such a small town, is very often.

Surprisingly though, now that I think about it, is that I hardly ever use the internet for news. Usually when I am on the internet it’s for my own entertainment. Really the only news I look at on the internet is sports. But sometimes I will open up the internet and on the homepage there will be an article that looks interesting and I might check it out but other than that, it is very rare that I will get on the internet specifically to look at some kind of news.

No comments:

Post a Comment