Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blog Analysis

The first blog I am going to analyze is the blog I chose to follow myself and it is called SB Nation. This is a website for sports blogs and I chose it because sports are something that interests me. There are many authors of this blog site and they all post news about sports as it happens. The way the blog is set up is very user friendly. On the home page, it has posts for all sports and those are usually the main headlines and most interesting stories. Then, at the top of that page, you can actually click and read posts for a particular sport, including posts about fantasy sports. Also, you can select a particular team and read posts only on that team. The audience for this blog site is basically any sports fan or someone seeking advice for their fantasy team. Its purpose is to keep people informed on the constant breaking news happening in the world of sports.

The second blog, which is the one I had to choose from the list, is instapundit. This is a political blog written with a conservative slant. The set up of this blog site is different than any other I have seen. Most of the pages usually have the actual blog posts in a small column on the left third of the screen while the other two thirds of the screen are filled with other headlines and links. This page is the exact opposite, the left two thirds of the page are the actual posts and the right third is the headlines and links. The main author of this blog is Glenn Reynolds and he is a law professor at the University of Tennessee and also writes some for the magazine, Popular Mechanics. The audience of this blog I would guess is mainly conservatives who want to hear politics and a lot about technology. A lot of the posts have a humorous twist to them too. I would say the purpose of this blog is to inform people on current issues going on in the world from technology to politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment