Friday, December 4, 2009

Last Blog

I don’t think I can pick out just one thing that I have learned throughout this course. There isn’t really one big thing that I learned, but many small things that I will find very useful to me in the future. Things such as reading the blogs and news really showed me the importance of keeping up with current events. Then, reading Harris’ book has really helped me with writing papers which will continue to come in handy as I will have to keep writing papers throughout college. There are many more examples of things I have learned in this class but I’ll stop here.

I would say my views of reading and writing have changed a lot throughout this course. When I started this class, I thought I hated reading and writing. I have never been a fan of reading books and writing papers, so I just thought it must be because I don’t like to read and write. But this course made me realize most of the things I do everyday involve reading and writing. So I have learned it’s not that I don’t like to read and write; there are just certain things I don’t like to read and write.

My reading and writing practices have also changed. Now, when I do read for an assignment or something like that, I am much more thorough with it. I take the time to highlight and underline things and take notes. This makes it a lot easier to come back to the text when I need to reference to it. I use to just kind of hurry up and do it to get it done. As for writing, I am able to take other people’s writing and use it as my own better. Also, I have learned new methods from my classmates of writing a paper. Things like how to organize my thoughts before I start writing and come up with ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment